Pages

The Romance Reviews

Friday, 10 February 2012

Valentine's Day Blog Hop

Valentine's Day – when everyone's thoughts turn to love...or lust.
 From an early age, we are dreaming of a handsome prince to sweep us off our feet and I think this often forms our ideas of what our true love will look like.
                                     
The earliest crush I remember having was on Christopher Reeve, as Superman. I know, I know but that lovely dark hair and muscly body was still lovely, regardless of him wearing his pants over his tights. And I was only about five at the time lol

 I progressed onto George Michael from Wham, yes I realise now I was barking up the wrong tree but he had lovely dark hair too, before he destroyed it with bleach.

The teenage years saw my bedroom walls covered with pictures of Jordan Knight from New Kids on the Block, and hell, I'm not afraid to say he's still hot!

When Buffy was the hottest show on telly, the dark and brooding Angel was more my bag than Billy-Idol-Lookalike Spike, even though he was the funny one and the loveliest guy in real life. (Yes, I did meet James Marsters and I will boast about it forever more!)

You can see there's a theme developing here – no blonds! I never found myself attracted to one, never dated one and even now when we have the sexy Eric in True Blood, I'd rather watch the tall, dark and handsome, Alcide. Well, you can see why…

So, when I was asked what my perfect man would look like, I always described him with dark hair, dimples and a fantastic sense of humour and lucky girl that I am, my OH embodies all the qualities I ever wished for. And he still lets me drool over Joe Manganiello when I feel the urge :)

So, enough of my dodgy childhood crushes, tell me about yours. As part of the Valentine's Hop, I'm running a competition to win a copy of Pyramid of Passion. All you have to do is tell me who your crushes were growing up or who your perfect man is today and follow my blog. Don't forget to leave your contact details! To be in with a chance to win lots more goodies for Valentine's Day, visit the other participating blogs here.

12 comments:

  1. AH THANK YOU for Joe lol.
    My perfect man changed each year. David Essex, well ad er David essex... and well okay then you've guessed it .. DAvid... maybe it didn't change? or the others were not memorable enough ...
    Today, really truly. MY DH?
    but if I cant have him... ER joe will do nicely thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also loved Wham and have that album today! I'm a sucker for a man with an accent...Send Gerard Butler my way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously that picture of Joe Manganiello is HOT! That being said I will take the blonds off your hands. Spike and Eric are my kind of men lol. Thanks for the giveaway. Happy Valentine's Day.
    kaylyndavis1986@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Spike... Angel when he was younger was.... GORGEOUS!!! Haha, I liked a lotta anime guys when I was younger... Duo from Gundam Wing... Ryo & Seiji (sage) from Ronin Warriors....

    shadowestr@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I went to a lot of rodeos as a kid and teenager, so growing up most of my crushes were cowboys

    Jean
    skpetal at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at David Boreanaz. I also had a crush on Goldberg (the wrestler).

    author_shannon_leigh at hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wwo another one who know good guy when they came around yea i am form the 50 and 60 like the john boy and then the elvis hunks and then the fonz who could not say he was hunk

    have great day
    desi the blonde at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a teen David Cassidy.DebP

    r.d1@myfairpoint.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always had a thing for the dark haired guys as well. I was a Harrison Ford kind of gal forever, and still am. I also find facial hair super sexy :) I could eat that man up even in the books Alcide was the one for me. SOOOO YUMMY
    Happy Valentines day to everyone :)

    Willowwhispers21@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to admit...gorwing up I had the biggest crush on Andy Taylor from Duran Duran. Yes I am an 80's child. His face was platered on the walls of my room. My dad would joke that he didn't need to paint the wall, just give me a teen magazine.
    Mel
    bournmelissa@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joe Manganiello is so hot! Is definitely on the crush list. lol Thank you sharing and for the great giveaway! Happy Valentines!
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Apologies! The Spanish internet appears to have eaten my winner announcement :( I chose Emmy to receive a copy of Pyramid of Passion because she reminded me I also have a 'thing' for Harrison Ford! I hope you all had a lovely Valentine´s Day anyway xx

    ReplyDelete