So no
matter what level a writer is at in their career – first release, tenth
release, fiftieth release – they have to do the work. I’m lucky in the sense
that I have a publisher that works very hard to help promote my releases. But
to be realistic, they have 6 to 10 books a week to promote. It can’t all be about
me – so I have to really pull my own weight.
Sometimes,
by the time a book comes out, it’s been a few months since I’ve even looked at
that story. I may be in the middle of writing something set in a completely
different century, or with a completely different pairing. I have to get back
into the feel of that story and those characters; get excited all over again. I
have to think like I do when I’m the reader looking for something new. What
hooks me? What makes me want to buy this book over that other book? I can’t
fall into the trap of just throwing some quick promo out there, and then expecting
readers to get excited. That’s not fair to them. If they’re going to get
excited about my book – I need to be right there with them. They’ve never met
my characters – they don’t know anything about this story. “Buy my book” isn’t
a compelling enticer!
In the case
of Set Ablaze, there are several things I love about it. It’s set in Mesa
Arizona, a place I’ve visited a few times and really love. There are the Superstition
Mountains nearby, there is a lot of arts, culture and old west history there.
I’m also all about hunky men in uniform, and this first book in the series (Uniform Encounters) features
firefighters. Yum! Two gorgeous firefighters getting all hot and heavy and
falling madly in love? What’s not to
be excited about?
Here’s a
blurb:
Eric is a fire chief in
Mesa, Arizona where he’s lived all of his life. A hunky Norse god like man, he
has finally come out of the closet after twenty years of marriage. Now his wife
hates him, his son won’t speak to him, a town crazy wants him fired, and
there’s a rash of arson fires destroying some of the beautiful historic homes
in the area. To let off steam, he’s been tempted to explore his long repressed
sexuality with his son’s twenty year-old friend.
Tom, a twenty-eight
year-old fire-fighter from Texas, is desperate to get away from his dad’s
prejudice about his sexuality, and an unstable relationship that just recently
ended. He takes a temporary position in Mesa where he sets eyes on the most
gorgeous male specimen he’s ever seen in the form of the fire chief, Eric
Anderson. Convinced the chief is straight, he accidentally catches him one
night with a young guy, and is now determined to let the chief know he’s interested.
Eric is adamant that they
can only be friends, even though he finds the sweet young Tom adorable. The
pressures on Eric increase as his ex-wife becomes a suspect, and the town crazy
tries to blame the arson fires on him. Will he allow himself to find real love
with the sexy Tom, or will his world be destroyed by all of the city’s
accusations and his family’s lack of acceptance?
There’s
also something else to get excited about. This book normally goes for five
dollars and some change, but for a limited time, it’s only .99 cents at All
Romance and Amazon. Here are the links:
I hope you
get a chance to read Set Ablaze and enjoy it. I’m neck deep in finishing the
second installment right now, and I will give you a hint. There is a sultry
police officer involved. Yowza.
Morticia Knight Author Bio
Erotic Romance author Morticia Knight enjoys a good saucy tale, whether it is contemporary, paranormal, historical, ménage, M/M or BDSM - she loves it all! One of her passions is bringing people's fantasies to life on the page, because life is too short for even one boring moment. Her stories are volcanic in heat, deep in emotion, and sprinkled with doses of humor. When not indulging in her passion for books, she loves the outdoors, film and music. Once upon a time she was the singer in an indie rock band that toured the West Coast and charted on U.S. college radio. She has a three-book series called Uniform Encounters set in the Southwest that features those yummy men in uniform coming out in 2013, and is working on a Steampunk horror ménage.
Connect with Morticia on:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/morticia.knight
Blog: www.morticiaknight.blogspot.com
Twitter: @morticiaknight

I hear you about promo! But sexy firefighters will do it every time :) Thanks for stopping by x
ReplyDeletewhew... this sounds hot...
ReplyDeleteThank you ladies, and thank you Jorja for having me here! ;-)
ReplyDeleteLove the sound of this!!!
ReplyDelete