Anyway, I'm not here to talk about food, though I must say the
Victoria Sponge is sort of calling to me, I'm here to talk about my latest
release from Evernight Publishing.
Master is a love story, there's no two ways about it. But it's not
straightforward. Well, love never is really, is it? Even the boy meets girl,
girl fancies boy, boy loves girl etc. etc., usually has a few girl hates boy,
boy thinks with his dick scenarios in it. What is it they say, true love never
runs smooth? Well it certainly didn't for Anna and Caden.
I really enjoyed writing their story, but it wasn't straightforward.
As anyone who's been good enough to read any blogs by me before, (oh and thank
you) you'll know I'm a pantster. Someone who doesn't plot. I'm led by my
characters and do as they dictate. Therefore as I wrote Master, I really had no
idea where it was going to end, or how. Oh I hoped for a happy ending, but at
times I really wasn't sure it could happen. Talk about stubborn! Sigh
But the great thing was, even as I laughed and cried as I typed,
their characters came to me, strong and determined. I knew that in the end they
would sort things out—or did I? Let's be honest, I hoped they would.
All writers have their own way of writing, and at times I do wonder
what it would be like to know exactly where my story was going. But I can't
write like that, so I console myself that if I'm all caught up in "ohh, I
wonder what's going to happen" hopefully so will the readers be.
Here's the blurb…
Caden McCourt did not expect to find his estranged
wife Diana at a BDSM club. When he does, the renowned Master is determined to
claim back his errant wife.
When Diana left him fifteen years
prior, she lost a part of herself. Seeing Cade again throws her into a tail
spin.
She cannot be the sub he needs, but she can't walk
away either. When she's challenged by Cade to face her demons, her old
nightmares resurface. Can they overcome the chasm between them, or are the
nightmares simply too strong?
And how about a wee tease?
"Here's the
details of the guy I was telling you about." Linsey waved the document in
her hand. "It's a real coup getting him to agree to guest here, I tell
you. Evidently, it’s a rare occurrence when he guests. He'll be here in a day
or so to look round." She handed the slim file to Anna, who took it and
started to read the typed pages. The name jumped out at Anna and spots floated
in front of her eyes. There was a strange ringing noise in her ears; her pulse
raced, and her skin went clammy.
Oh
hell, don't let me faint. Not here, not now. Let me tell her. She opened her mouth
to speak, but couldn't form the words. A week, wavery croak was the best she
could manage. Anna began to hyperventilate, and for the life of her couldn't
stop.
"Anna, what's
wrong?" Linsey pushed Anna's head down. "Take deep breaths, come on
now, you're fine."
Am
I? I'm not so sure.
However, Anna did as Linsey told her and gradually the ringing disappeared, and
her vision cleared. She gulped in air and wiped her forehead on the tissue
Linsey handed to her.
"Don't
move." Linsey left the office. Anna couldn't have moved if she tried. Her
legs felt like jelly, and pins and needles bombarded her skin like tiny
hailstones. Linsey re-entered the room and passed Anna a glass of water.
"Drink it slowly and tell me what brought that on. Are you pregnant? Am I
going to have to try to knit booties and have coal around for you to eat?"
That made Anna smile,
albeit a somewhat small grin. "Not a snowball in hell’s chance of that.
No, it's just you okayed this guy." She handed the form back, hoping her
hands didn't shake.
Linsey scanned the
form. "Yeah? Well, what's not to accept? I'm really over the moon with
this. He's a well-respected Dom. Great form, even better credentials, and all
his subs rave about him. We're honored to get him. He's very picky where he
demonstrates and only does a couple of guest nights a year. He has the choice
of anywhere in the world to go, and he chose to come here. I was gobsmacked, I
tell you. We'd have them queuing to the border to get in if we advertised. What
a coup. So, as I said, what’s not to accept? I should be genuflecting all the
way to his base and back again."
Now how could she
answer that?
With the truth.
***
Not easy though is it? To tell the truth, especially in a situation
like that. If you want to find out what that's all about, you'll need to read
the book.
Buy links
Amazon http://authl.it/gr
***
Raven lives in
Scotland, along with her husband and their two cats—their children having flown
the nest—surrounded by beautiful scenery, which inspires a lot of the settings
in her books.
She is used to sharing
her life with the occasional deer, red squirrel, and lost tourist, to say
nothing of the scourge of Scotland—the midge.
A lover of reading,
she appreciates the history inside a book, and the chance to peek into the
lives of those from years ago. Raven admits that she enjoys the research for
her books almost as much as the writing; so much so, that sometimes she
realizes she's strayed way past the information she needs to know, and not a
paragraph has been added to her WIP.
Her lovely
long-suffering husband is learning to love the dust bunnies, work the Aga, and
be on stand-by with a glass of wine.
You can find out more
about Raven here…
https://www.facebook.com/rmcallan
(my page)
https://www.facebook.com/ravenmcallan (author
page)

Thanks for letting me visit, oh and the cake was gorgeous...
ReplyDeleteCake? She gave you cake? Well I must come visit soon too, especially as she is GF friendly.
ReplyDeleteLove this story Raven x
You know I love this story, Raven, and isn't it all part of the excitement of writing? The not knowing where its going? I love that myself :-)
ReplyDelete