A big welcome today for the fabulous Raven McAllan and her latest release, Nash's Niche...
At some time in our lives
we all have to make the decision to trust someone else with our future.
In Nash's Niche,
Felicity does that and ends up fighting for her love.
It's not easy for her,
especially because she's used to trying to do as she thinks fit and not depend
on anyone else.
But when no one seems
to be listening, you take your life in your own hands and find the one person
on your side.
For Nash it was different.
He thought he'd found the love of his
life only for her to disappear. So you can imagine how he feels when he
discovers the one woman he knows will make him happy, isn't free to be his.
As he's another one
who doesn't sit back and let the wrong thing happen, you can imagine there's a
few fraught moments ahead.
Although this story is
set in Regency times, and there's a lot of things that don't in general happen
today, there's an awful lot of similarities as well.
Not just the old
adage, parents think best, but good and bad, the easy road or the hard one. And
of course, fighting for your love.
When I began to research
for this series, (Behind Closed Doors) which is the story of different members
of the Brigstock family, (and I'm sure will also eventually include friends and
relatives,) I discovered so many similarities to today. Yes, they had to do
things, I suppose you'd say in a more simple manner, but the love, hate,
dominance and submission, and day to day worries haven't changed much. So it
becomes a challenge to make sure everything is as it was in 1815, and not as in
2013. Two hundred years of progress to ignore. Okay it's easy to remember no
net, no mobiles, after all I grew up without them, and no cameras? They weren't
practical until the daguerreotype in the 1830's. People had ice houses (great
to hide a body in), and water came from pumps. Fantastic, when you realize in
some areas, the well was the source of disease! Cholera outbreaks were found to
be because of contaminated water in the neighborhood well.
That's all things you
can nod your head at and think well duh. Add
to this names that weren't known, places that didn't exist, and yeah, it can be
a minefield!
But no pussy? Exactly,
that wasn't used until around 1880. And dick was almost a decade later. Boobs
appeared in the twentieth century, and your arsehole was simply that.
I'm a sucker for
research. I love it. Yes, it's so much easier these days with the net, but even
when it was a day at the library, and a bag of notebooks and pens and a box of
mints to stave off the hunger I loved it.
Of course I get it
wrong sometimes. Who doesn't? But I can say hand on heart, I do research, and
research and well, you get the gist.
So Nash's Niche, book four in the Brigstock
family's stories.
Here's the blurb…
A chance meeting at a
masked ball leads to explosive and unforgettable sex for both Nash and
Felicity.
Reunited under
dangerous circumstances, they realize they may have to fight for their love,
especially when Felicity is promised to Nash's brother.
With the future of the
country at stake and unsure who to trust, can their be a future for the star
stuck lovers?
A wee teaser…
He wriggled his nose.
The chair was all fine and dandy, but he needed his bed. With a sigh Nash toed
his house shoes off, and looked at his pantaloons. They were knitted and
stretched to fit the contours of his body. Therefore in theory they should pull
down even over his still hard cock. It was no good; once he was able to rest in
comfort he would have to take himself in hand. However, before then…
He struggled to his
feet and with one hand to anchor him steady, he used his other to pull the
garment over his cock and arse and thence down his legs. Once they gathered
around his ankles, Nash used his feet to tug the pantaloons off and stepped
over them. His shirt could stay. That was one effort too much. He measured the
distance to the bed. Two strides should do it.
The first stride
worked. The second was slightly longer and had him wobbling, but it brought him
to the edge of the mattress. He let his body fall forward.
Not onto the mattress,
on to…
A body? He tried to
see clearly. Two bodies? Surely not, not in his bed. He squinted, put his hand
into the direction of where he thought one of the bodies could be, and patted
flesh. Soft warm female flesh. His vision wavered and cleared enough to know it
was one body…
It stirred. Nash
levered himself to stand on the floor one more, loath to leave the soft comfort
he'd found, but aware enough to know he needed to. He let his hand move to the
left and drift up what he decided was a damn curvaceous thigh. If only he could
see clearly just who had offered herself as his plaything. It would be best to
have a face on the body he was about to fuck.
The body jerked as his
fingers circled damp curls and he nipped her soft nub until it hardened in a
beautiful mimicry of his cock. Then he let his fingers delve into the warm
channel under them. The body tried to pull back even as a soft mewl showed him
his ministrations were appreciated. Then he heard a scream, one that most
certainly wasn't a sound of pleasure.
"Do not
move," he said in a rough voice. He felt it only fair to warn whoever he
was now filling with his fingers, and who he noted was writhing in time to his
thrusts, that, "I have a weapon, and I will use it."
If that's got your
interest, yeah okay… the buy links…
and the way you can be nosy…
I live in Scotland,
along with my husband and their two cats—our children have flown the
nest—surrounded by beautiful scenery, which inspires a lot of the settings in
my books.
I'm is used to sharing
my life with the occasional deer, red squirrel, and lost tourist, to say
nothing of the scourge of Scotland—the midge.
I love reading, and so
appreciate the history inside a book, and the chance to peek into the lives of
those from years ago. And like I said I enjoy the research for my books almost
as much as the writing; so much so, that sometimes I realizes I've strayed way
past the information I need to know, and not a paragraph has been added to my
WIP.
My lovely
long-suffering husband is learning to love the dust bunnies, work the Aga, and
be on stand-by with a glass of wine.
You can find out more
about me here…
https://www.facebook.com/rmcallan (my page)
https://www.facebook.com/ravenmcallan (author
page)

thanks for inviting me to chat Jorja
ReplyDelete