I thought I would share the start of my story, Seduced by the Daredevil, which will be available from Evernight Publishing in August.
Andrea Bolan peered
over the edge of the roof of Belfast's Europa Hotel and contemplated the drop
of over one hundred feet to her almost certain death. She had no one to blame
but herself.
"Which one of you
ladies is next to bite the bullet?" The Angel of Death approached, no
doubt hoping his handsome looks were enough to persuade them to forget all
reason and take the leap. "You're the last two standing. Come on, don't be
shy." He beckoned to the scaffold like contraption, where their other
colleagues had exited moments earlier.
Her prominent sense of
self-preservation propelled her to shrink behind the other, less intimidated
member of the hospital team.
"I'll go. I'm sure
Miss Stuffy Knickers and her OCD here will take their sweet time getting
organized. So, I am all yours, honey." Nurse Nancy, or whoever she
was—Andrea still didn't know all their names—strutted toward him. Though the
moniker had floated around the hospital for weeks now, the catty comment still
left scratch marks. Efficient and organized she might have been, but human
nonetheless. She battled the childish notion of flipping him the finger, choosing
instead to hide away in the shadows.

Excellent Taster. Well written and a real hook. I'm dying to know what happens next.
ReplyDeleteI like to tease ;)
DeleteWonderful taster. ...this is the first time I have read your work. ..I'm will be back for more
ReplyDeleteThank you :)
DeleteThere's something about what you wrote that caught my interest. I have to got grab one of your books to read through. I like your style.
ReplyDeleteThanks! :)
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete