Pages

The Romance Reviews

Thursday, 19 June 2014

Titanic's Ondine - #ThursdayTasters


Every Thursday a group of talented writers share a sample of their awesome writing hereCheck them out!

This week I'm sharing a taster from my paranormal romance, Titanic's Ondine :)





Madeleine had taken some stupid risks to get here. She had put both herself and Joe in jeopardy, all in the name of love—or lust. Both had caused her to abandon common sense.
Joe’s absence had certainly made her heart fonder, and she had decided she couldn’t survive a few days without seeing him. Craziness took hold when Titanic docked at Cherbourg to allow more passengers to embark, and all she could think about was being with him. Boarding proved relatively easy. She fit in well with the rich and beautiful, and a little of her singing magic charmed the inquisitive staff, putting them under her spell long enough to let her board sans ticket.
One last look at him, and she would have happily slipped back into the sea with no one the wiser. But she hadn’t counted on his being locked away below decks, forcing her to hide out, waiting for him.
Joe led the way to the swimming baths on Deck F. “The stewards might have locked the doors already,” he warned.
How could she tell him he was wrong? That, after using her wiles on the steward in charge, she came here every night to swim in the salt water pool?
In the end, she let him discover for himself that the door was unlocked.
“How very slapdash of them.” He grinned and led Madeleine into the eerily quiet leisure room.
Madeleine’s skin literally itched for relief in the pool’s watery welcome.
“Will you join me?”
“I…uh…I’m not properly attired,” he mumbled from the poolside.

“Neither am I.”

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done ... I am signing on for a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Taster. I want to know if they both get in the pool, properly attired or not, and what the outcome is

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good taster Jorja. I can see a 'real' romantic story there.

    ReplyDelete