Pages

The Romance Reviews

Sunday, 20 October 2013

Big Cocks and Broomsticks Giveaway


Halloween is traditionally a time for most families to dress up and act a bit silly. Ours is no exception. We've seen it all from cute pumpkin costumes when our two boys were babies, right up to the terrifying demon clown outfits they preferred when they got older. I have to admit I'm no great shakes at sewing so the costumes are usually shop bought. But we've always loved getting together with the whole family for the traditional fun and games.

When I was little I remember the smells that came from the kitchen when my Granny made her own toffee apples and honeycomb. And we've been ducking for apples and waving sparklers around for as long as I can remember.

Another annual tradition was watching the fireworks in the garden and hoping my husband wouldn't blow himself up. (He was banned last year after hitting a car with an errant rocket)

Unfortunately, the boys are now at that age when they're way too cool to dress up. If I'm lucky I can get them to take part in the games by chucking some money into the basin with the apples. But I'll cling on to the ghoulish fun with my blood red nails until I can hopefully pass on the tradition to the next generation.

In the meantime I'll explore my love of the paranormal through my writing. So far I've created a fire elemental, a Dom vampire, and a whole pack of wolf shifters. To celebrate the holiday I'm giving away a copy of The Wolf on the Hill, book one in my series, the Wild Irish Wolves. 

Blurb:
Lone wolf Caleb Jackson is only back in town long enough to sell his late father's house, and the bad memories with it. He never expected to find his mate.

Good girl Mia Blake never behaves badly. Except for the time she shifts into her wolf, chases a stranger through Olcan Hills, and has the hottest sex of her life on the forest floor.

He has no desire to settle down. She is afraid to upset her family. But, with someone determined to destroy Caleb's inheritance, and his secret fling with Mia getting hot and heavy, moving on isn't as easy as he'd hoped.

Can either of them let down their guards long enough to take a chance on love?


Simply leave a comment and tell me what you love about Halloween, or the best costume you've ever worn, to be in with a chance of winning.

Don't forget to enter your details into the rafflecopter too to enter the Grandprize Giveaway:


$100 amazon or b and N choice!!  
second place:  $50 amazon or b and n card
3rd place:  $25 amazon or b and n card


a Rafflecopter giveaway

And join the rest of the hop to win more swag!!


Happy Halloween! :)

23 comments:

  1. I'll come and dook for apples and go guising with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the halloween decorations and one year i dressed up as a black cat

    parisfan_ca@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now a grandma, I love watching all the little ones dress-up and go trick or treat for goodies. Such a fun and festive atmosphere.
    cam231948@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing all the fun decorations and all the cute costumes that the little kids have.
    skpetal at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing all the kids dressed up

    Wolphcall(at)bellsouth(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing all the decorations and costumes.
    Lisahelo(at)outlook(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite thing about Halloween is watching my kids get excited while putting on there costumes and go trick or treating. this is priceless to me . amybowens34@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. One year I was barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen. I thought it was pretty creative. I stuffed a pillow under my shirt, walked around barefoot, and carried a rolling pin. Thanks for the giveaway!
    mestith at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only just seen this, Jorja! Great post and blog hop. I love how excited my own kids get around Halloween and the fact that it's another excuse for a celebration. It's important to grab onto this life while we can and having a bit of fun and marking special occasions during the year is one way of doing this. Hugs! Molly x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the costumes, dressing up with my children (I'm not passing up a chance to act silly), and enjoying the fun. My email address is michelle_willms@yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love watching how creative other people are with their costumes. I tend to go for the premade kind, so kudos to all those creative enough to make their own! Thanks for the chance to win.
    jillynann(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i accident came in to the hop and in oy it

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love getting dressed up and pretending to be someone else. Thanks for the giveaway!
    i_love_books at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love all the candy!! And the best costume was last year when I was a Vegas Showgirl/Hooker that was bitten by a vampire and just crawled out of the grave :)
    Ashley A
    ash_app@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love seeing the kids all dressed up. It's fun to see what they all come up with.
    sstrode at scrtc dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love everything about Halloween! It's my favorite holiday! I love seeing old friends and meeting new ones from across the veil. Thanks for sharing the hop and your giveaway. I can't wait to read your books. evamillien at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Halloween is ALL about the candy!
    Thanks for the amazing giveaway!
    elizabeth @ bookattict . com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The candy!! Thanks for participating in the blog hop!
    eliseandtegan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I once dressed like a zombie Queen of Hearts, it was great.

    Morganlafey86(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love being able to get dressed up and going to my friend's Halloween Party.

    mythic021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love dressing up in costumes and taking on a character! Super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you all for taking part. Congrats to Ashley who wins a copy of The Wolf on the Hill. I just love your costume idea :D

    ReplyDelete