It's that time of year when we're supposed to get all mushy and emotional. I admit, when I was in high school, all I wanted on Valentine's Day was for some gorgeous guy to send me a card and buy me an oversized teddy bear.
After twenty years with my husband, we don't go in for the hearts and flowers. Don't get me wrong, the romance is still there, but we prefer to have a quiet dinner together at home than get caught up in the madness going on in shops and restaurants. And, it's a good excuse to crack open a box of chocolates, as if we needed one!
This year we're waiting until the 16th, then we have a quiet weekend away planned so we can really cut loose ;)
The two lead characters in my latest release don't waste time on romance, they get straight down to business.
Alpha's Claim Anthology
Strength. Power. Domination.
The shifters in our Alpha's Claim anthology have one thing in common—they won't take “no” for an answer. Whether they lead packs of their own, or whether they walk a solitary path, these alphas won't let anyone stop them from claiming their women.
Lose yourself in these ten sinfully delicious love stories. After all, who could deny an Alpha’s claim?
Lose yourself in these ten sinfully delicious love stories. After all, who could deny an Alpha’s claim?
Extinction - By Jorja Lovett
Lucas teased her with his
multi-purpose claw, scraping it lightly over her collar bone and down the
center of her torso. She held her breath as he trailed lower, dipping in and
out of her belly button before coming to rest at the top of her slit. Clearly
she had some seriously fucked up ideas of what qualified as a turn on when she
was an inch away from mutilation and wetter than a teenager at a boy-band
concert.
Impatience gripped her, and in
return, she gripped him. She tugged the dressing gown open to take his
impressive erection in hand. He gasped
at her boldness, and she hesitated for a moment. This wasn't her. She didn't do
casual sex, and she certainly didn't eat anything except her microwave meals
for one at the dinner table. And then he replaced his claw with his tongue and
licked her inner prude into submission. Oh,
Christ! He dipped deep inside her pussy, and Holly went limp. Her hands
drifted back to her sides, leaving his cock unattended. While Lucas was
circling her clit with such intensity, her thoughts were purely selfish. His
turn would have to wait.
"I need you inside me."
Lucas lifted his head, his hair
mussed from where her fingers had raked through it. "Now?"
"Now." They hadn't wasted
time on courting this far, and she didn't see the point in putting off what they
both wanted. Sometimes slow and steady just didn't hit the spot.
Lucas threw off the ridiculous pink
robe, enabling Holly to revel in every hard inch of his naked body, and lowered
himself onto her. He kissed her with purpose, if that purpose was to turn her
into a raving nympho, while his sturdy erection pressed into her belly. She
arched off the table, providing her own thrills as she rutted against him.
Her nether lips parted to slide
along his length, and she could feel the tremor run through Lucas. In this role
reversal, she claimed power over him. Although, not for long. Lucas positioned
the head of his cock at her entrance and pushed inside her. White heat consumed
her from the inside as she accepted him and gave herself over to raw passion.
Lucas's sharp intake of breath
matched her own as she fought to regain control. How easy it would be to let go
now with a quick and easy release of her frustrations, and miss all the fun.
Instead, she clung to him and rode out her wanton desires, afraid she would
never experience such overwhelming need again.
If you'd like to read on, you can buy Alpha's Claim from Evernight Publishing, Amazon, Bookstrand and All Romance
OR
Leave a comment about your plans for February 14th and you could win a copy!
Don't forget to join in the rest of the blog hop, and be in with a chance of winning some fab prizes. One lucky commenter will be selected to win Evernight's Grand Prize - a $100 Visa gift card for a night out!


thanks for the great excerpt. i did enjoy reading it
ReplyDeleteparisfan_ca@yahoo.com
Thanks for stopping by :)
DeleteNo plans. 6 kids make it hard.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great excerpt though.
Deletedevynsmom95@yahoo.com
Thanks. Good luck in the comp!
DeleteLove the excerpt!!! No plans for Valentine's Day just a quiet evening at home hopefully reading a great book.
ReplyDeletelavidabrisco(at)yahoo(dot)com
Sounds good to me!
DeleteYum those hot alpha males. Just relaxing with the family. Probably watching movies and eating popcorn.
ReplyDeleteYou can't beat movies and popcorn :D
DeleteI am popping in to say hi! This anthology has some amazing authors featured! I am in love with this book as well as your work! Not doing much for valentines day just spending time with the husband and kids! Please don't enter me in your contest I already have this book just wanted to say how much I enjoyed it! Thanks again for sharing good luck to everyone you will not be disappointed!
ReplyDeleteamybowens34@yahoo.com
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it :D
DeleteThat anthology looks good! And we don't have any big plans this Valentine's Day although I'll probably make my family something special for dinner and dessert.
ReplyDeletehopkins_775@frontier.com
Yum! Thanks for stopping by :)
DeleteHopefully just a quiet day at home with my hubby *happy sigh* I´m too stressed out to do anything else.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the giveaway & Happy Saturday!
//Linda
fr_larsson at hotmail dot com
Nothing planned. Wouldn't mind some time with the hubs, uninterrupted ;)
ReplyDeleteKassandra
sionedkla@gmail.com
I'm kinda like you. I want take out and a movie at home with my son and hubby.
ReplyDeleteleighannecrisp at yahoo dot com
As of yet I don't have any plans for Valentine's Day. I mean I might stay at home and have a quiet night alone or go out with friends. I'm not sure yet.
ReplyDeletehumhumbum AT yahoo DOT com
Great excerpt... Thank for being part of the hop... Hubby and i are not doing anything as he has to work Valentines Day... But the boys and I will have dinner and I will give them a valentines goodie.
ReplyDeletej.m.platt83@gmail.com
Some friends and I are having an Anit-Valentines's day movie marathon, which includes scary movies and chocolate and no boys!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the excerpt!
jjacobs21 at radford.edu
I agree things change as you get older. In high school I loved flowers now that I'm married I would much rather spend that money on something else now. We are just having a night in. Thanks for the giveaway.
ReplyDeletekaylyndavis1986@yahoo.com
Going out for dinner and then having dessert at home.
ReplyDeletemythic021@gmail.com
I will be at home reading!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the chance to win!
natasha_donohoo_8 at hotmail dot com
thanks for the great excerpt, i can't wait to read the rest of the book. as for my holiday plans i am just spending it with my nieces and nephews.
ReplyDeletetammy ramey
trvlagnt1t@yahoo.com
Hi! Happy Valentines! Im staying home and reading! :) Thank you for sharing and for the amazing giveaway!
ReplyDeleteshadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com
Thanks to everyone who took part in the hop. Congrats to jeanette who wins a copy of Alpha's Claim <3
ReplyDelete