Pages

The Romance Reviews

Monday, 20 January 2014

#TantalizingTuesdays - In the Club



Every Tuesday a bunch of talented writers choose a picture that inspires them to write a 200 word teaser. Check them out here.

This week, I'm going clubbing...


"What the hell is a paint party anyway?" Kim was having second thoughts even as she reached the doors of the club.

"Like a foam party, only with glow in the dark paint." Nina bounced inside, trailing Kim behind her.

"Great. How am I supposed to make Jake see what he's missing if I look like a psychedelic drowned rat?" The whole point of coming here was to flirt in front of her ex and make him sorry for not calling her back.

"You went out for one whole week. He dumped you. Get over it, and let's have some fun." Nina was right, but what a week it had been. They'd barely left her bed.

Kim went through the motions, dancing like Jake was watching. Suddenly he was.

"Hi," he said as they were pushed together in the throng. "Sorry, I didn't call you."

"It doesn't matter." And it didn't once he started kissing her. 

As his lips captured hers, she barely noticed the paint raining down on them. The colours smudged together as they clung to one another. 

She could forgive him anything when she was in his arms. One more night with Jake was worth any pain.

12 comments:

  1. Let's hope he's worth it, and doesn't hurt her! Never been to a paint party. Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! It makes me wonder if he's worthy of her forgiveness. More please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What woman hasn't felt this way about one more moment with a man......? I surely have forgiven them anything in trade for one more kiss. So true, so deadly....well done, Jorja <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, and scary, too. Hope Jake behaves! I must go to a paint party now, too. Great tease, Jorja.

    ReplyDelete
  5. now can we go join them? brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful ending scene. I love your picture too. Now you I want to go to a paint party. Reminds me of something I would do when I was younger. Let her have her fun for that night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this made all of us want to go to a paint party! I loved the ending..."One night with Jake was worth any pain."

    ReplyDelete
  8. great use of description, makes me want to attend paint parties... and get lost in the meshed colors of entwined bodies.... hugs T

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the setting you created. The Mama in me wants to go snatch her out of there. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn I'm getting me to one of those parties, Jorja. Sexy setting and an outcome that leaves a wry smile. One dirty Jake recognises another. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to go to a paint party. Very sexy teaser that leaves me wondering what happens next

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent descriptive writing. Where are these parties held I feel I am missing out on something good?

    ReplyDelete