Pages

The Romance Reviews

Wednesday, 22 January 2014

#ThursdayTasters


Every Thursday a group of talented writers share a sample of their awesome writing here. Check them out!

This week, I've stopped by the cosmetics counter in my wip. This is the second book in my series, The Department Store.

With grim determination, he pulled her back the way she came, not saying a word.
"Jonah? What's going on? I need to go home." The tone of her voice varied from loud, outright panic, to quiet resignation. It only succeeded in driving him on in his quest.
When they reached the pub again he dodged down the alleyway at the side. They didn't need an audience. He pushed Maggie up against the wall, careful not to hurt her, but, with enough force to stop her running again. He caged her between his body and the brick building. As she worried her bottom lip with her teeth, Jonah leaned down to catch it and draw it back out. She was soft and pliant, and her gentle scent intoxicated him further.
With a point to prove, he kissed her hard, plunging his tongue in to her mouth to taste her sweetness and claim it for himself. Such an audacious move would've deserved a slap or a knee to the balls. Either would've been worth it. Instead, she went limp beneath him, submitting immediately.
Whoah!
He levered her off and stepped back. "That is how you make me feel. How you should be kissed."

Christ, the way she responded to it made it a double sin that someone didn't do that to her frequently.

8 comments:

  1. kiss me like that yes!!!! well done great taste.... will be looking to read more... hugs T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh love it. Gotta get me some of those kisses lol. Great taster

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it! Now I need the man who is more than fantasy! LOL! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOT. best kiss ever :) just enough verbal cues and physical actions to draw me in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, very hot! What a kiss... Might we have more? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lead ito the kiss was fabulous and well-paced (fast). I'd like to read what happens next. Will she try to run away again and why she did before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what is going to happen, but I know what just happened and it was wonderfully written. Good thing I was sitting down or my knees would have buckled, too. Great taster <3 xo

    ReplyDelete