Every Thursday a group of talented writers share a sample of their awesome writing here. Check them out!
Last week I shared a snippet from my wip, the second book in The Department Store series. A cougar romance seemed to appeal to you, so here's a little bit more...
"Pardon
me?" Jonah leaned in and made her repeat the request.
Maggie
gulped, not sure she could summon the courage a second time. "Kiss me
again."
Perhaps
her libido wasn't as shy as she'd imagined. Her whole body swayed on the axis
of anticipation. One wrong move and she'd crash back down to earth. Jonah
didn't make her wait too long. He rushed at her with such a force, she held her
breath and braced herself.
There
was no need. His embrace was as tender as it was passionate. He wrapped her in
the cocoon of his arms, and kissed her with a hunger she thought only belonged
in movies.
Yes,
in their earlier days, she and Peter had their moments. But there was something
raw in Jonah's kiss that awakened a side of her which had lain dormant for so
long.
Her
head swam with dull warnings, all ignored by her need to be wanted. She wrapped
her arms around his neck and matched him for every tongue flick and lip nibble.
All her troubles seemed so far away whilst she enjoyed a little attention.


Maggie's self-control is convincing, especially with these very good lines, "Her whole body swayed on the axis of anticipation. One wrong move and she'd crash back down to earth." I love the image you painted with these words.
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written excerpt. So much passion in the kiss. Love it and want more
ReplyDeleteLoved it!
ReplyDelete*sigh* so romantic. I love her feelings and how you express them here.
ReplyDeleteSuch a passionate kiss! I think he's been wanting to do that for awhile. Very nice taster!
ReplyDeleteSexy, -and- endearing! I love this!
ReplyDelete